Reflexology is a systematic practice in which applying some pressure to any particular point on the feet and hands gives impact on the health of related parts of the body. Reflexology is a complementary therapy which is applied as part of palliative care to improve patient’s emotional, physiological, and spiritual health and also to improve quality of life.
Each pressure point acts as the sensors and is linked with different parts of body specifically. These sensors will be stimulated by applying the reflexology technique in order to improve the blood and energy circulation, give sense of relaxation, and maintain the homoeostasis.
- It has the ability to reduce pain.
- It helps body to maintain the dexterity and locomotion ability
- It promotes general sense of relaxation.
- It stimulates the release of body’s pain-relieving chemicals and prevents illness.
- It promotes recovery process from any injury.
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Multiple sclerosis
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Bronchial asthma